White represents peace and purity. With the heat in India still waiting for the Monsoons to arrive, it is the colour of the moment for its cool (literally!) quotient. At the Cannes Film Festival this year, white was also the colour our Bollywood divas were painting the town in with different shades of glam. Here is a look at all the white hotness our ladies brought to the red carpet at Cannes.
1) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan looked a dream in her plush white tulle and faux fur white gown by Ashi Studio.
2) The gloriousness of Ash’s gown had to bow to Deepika Padukone’s fashion moment in white. Her eye-catching voluminous gown by Dundas with a bold black bow and OTT shoulders was outdone only by the plunging neckline and thigh-high slit that added the perfect touch of flesh tones to her blinding glory.
3) Another diva in white who made an entrance to make way for was newlywed Priyanka Chopra Jonas with her husband Nick Jonas. And just as a casual reminder that their marriage to envy keeps making the news nearly every day. PeeCee wore a tulle wedding gown by Georges Hobeika as doting husband Nick matched her in all white too.
4) Making a completely different but totally boss style statement was Sonam Kapoor Ahuja in her custom tuxedo by Ralph & Russo Couture, complemented with glorious emeralds and diamonds by Chopard that did not let us ignore (not that we could) her buxomness.
5) Proving that the Indian saree can match Western fashion stride for stride when it comes to white opulence Diana Penty stunned the crowds with her ethereal look in a white-and-gold silk and tulle Amit Aggarwal ensemble.
6) Feisty Kangana Ranaut, whose acting skills are only overshadowed by her scandalous statements, also appeared the white goddess of pure elegance on the red carpet. She made a delicate statement to remember in a white gown with exquisite lilac and red thread-work and Swarovski embellishments, designed by Michael Cinco.