Self-confessed lover of fashion Sonam Kapoor Ahuja turned 34 on 9 June. We are celebrating one of our favourite sassy ladies in B-town with a look at the top head-turning reasons why Sonam is fashionista most passionista!
1) Sonam has walked the catwalk at Paris Fashion Week as the showstopper for Ralph & Russo’s 2017 Autumn Winter Collection. It does not get more fashion than Paris Fashion Week.
2) She inspired British designer duo Ralph & Russo to create their first ever lehenga for her first appearance on the red carpet at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival as the newlywed Sonam Kapoor Ahuja.
3) Indeed, Sonam is possibly the ideal ambassador for Indian fashion as she wears traditional and experimental Indian looks with just as much style as she does western wear.
4) She wore her wedding mehendi to the Cannes red carpet with a Vera Wang bridal gown because she wears her fashion with authenticity and effortlessly. Needless to say, her look was a hit!
5) No one experiments like Sonam does.
6) …And she is not afraid of making the odd ‘fashion disaster’ either. After all, that is what being a fashion visionary is all about.
7) She even dared to wear an overcoat despite the heat in Mumbai for the screening of the film India’s Most Wanted. Because fashion creates its own seasons and Sonam knows which way the bold winds blow.
8) Regardless of the controversy generated by Coldplay’s India-themed music video for Hymn for the Weekend, one thing could not be denied: Sonam Kapoor’s cameo was a majestic display of the traditional Indian aesthetic.
9) Sonam is the absolute queen of gender fluid fashion and a supporter of the LGBTQIA cause too!
10) She is the go-to face for the internationally coveted cover of fashion magazine Vogue in India.